Who we are
The Habert foundation Uganda is a nonprofit organization based in Kanungu, Uganda (near Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, home of the mountain gorillas). It was founded by Musinguzi Habert. We are committed to work in the interest of humanity without difference as to race, sex and religious back ground with due to respect of the law. We pledge to work closely with other associations, foreign representatives / institutions and nongovernmental organizations (NGO’s) to join forces towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, including reducing poverty and hunger, and promoting education, social well-being and environmental protection.
Our vision and mission:
We envision a world in which everyone – including orphans, abandoned children, people with disabilities, the elderly and others – has equal rights and access to resources to develop themselves and lead a happy and productive life as part of the larger community and with respect to nature.
- To promote and provide quality education to children to empower them with the knowledge and skills to build a better future. This includes programs to help with their tuition fees or by providing school supplies
- To teach children on a variety of topics, such as health, information technology and conservation.
- To educate and empower the local communities about the importance of wildlife, wildlife conservation, and conservation of natural resources
- To promote human rights and gender equality in society, including education.
- To undertake any work that promotes general welfare of the people by meeting their needs (food, clothing, access to medical care)
- To build an orphanage center to take care of children who have been abandoned.
- To eliminate early marriages and unwanted pregnancies.
Our current activities:
- Entertainment (cultural performers group of children – see pictures below)
- Weaving baskets
- Educational support to children, especially orphans
How to contact us:
Contact Musinguzi Habert via email at:
How you can help:
If you are in the USA, your donation is tax-deductible via the California-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization Sahaya International.
- Donation via credit card, paypal or Venmo: click on the donate button below to go to our secure donation form (via the Givebutter donation platform):
- If you prefer to donate by check, make your check payable to “Sahaya International” and add JEGMI on the notes line. We will send you a tax receipt (please include your e-mail address with the check, if possible). Mail your check to:
c/o Koen Van Rompay
1504 Portola St.
Davis, CA 95616
Click on each picture to see a larger version